Tri-Colored Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 pint tri-colored cherry or other small tomatoes
- 2 - 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil poured into a small bowl
- 2 cloves garlic very thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small bunch of basil cut into chiffonade or thin ribbons
- 1 baguette or other crusty loaf of bread cut into 1/2" slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly brush both sides of each slice of bread with some of the oil. Place on parchment or foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THE OVEN!!!
- Remove toasted bread slices from baking tray and place in a towel lined bowl or basket to keep warm.
- Cut the larger tomatoes into quarters and the smaller ones in half.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and carefully add the oil.
- Add the garlic to the oil and gently warm the garlic through until it turns lightly golden brown. Remove the garlic to a small bowl and reserve for later.
- Saute the tomatoes in the garlic oil until they begin to blister and pop.
- Season lightly with kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle in the basil and drizzle with Balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat.
- Serve either in a bowl next to the bread or spoon some of the tomato mixture on top of the bread slices and serve on a platter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!