- 2 ears of corn cut off the cob
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans cut into pieces the same size as bell pepper
- 6 strips thick cut bacon chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh flat leaf Italian parsley chopped
- Place chopped bacon into a large COLD skillet. Turn on med-high heat and let the fat render from the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Remove all but 3 Tbsp. of the bacon grease and add the corn, bell pepper, onion, and green beans. Saute over med-high heat until veggies are brightly colored and just tender.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and stir to combine well.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and TASTE before seasoning with any salt as the bacon and bacon grease is already salty.
- Toss with fresh parsley and serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!