Make Ahead Egg Bites or Casserole
- 1 pint liquid eggs or egg whites
- ½ - ¾ c. half & half
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 - 8 slices bacon fully cooked and grease free
- 1 c hash browns fully cooked and grease free
- 1 c pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 c toy box tomatoes small, multi-colored
- Fresh chives or parsley stems finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F. Move rack to upper third of oven.
- Whisk together the liquid eggs and half & half until completely incorporated. Stir in the hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Chop the bacon into small bite sized pieces.
- Cut the larger tomatoes into quarters and the smaller ones in half.
- Butter or grease a muffin pan really well. This step will determine the ease or difficulty of removal and clean up, so don’t be shy.
- Fill each muffin cup with egg mixture ¾ of the way full.
- Add a pinch of bacon, hash browns, cheese, and tomatoes to each egg bite. Sprinkle chives or parsley stems over the top of each.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and the eggs are set.
- Remove and cool completely on a cooling rack. Carefully run a small spatula or the backside of a butter knife around the edges of each egg bite to help release them. Once all the egg bites are removed and cooled, place them on a sheet tray or plate and freeze uncovered for 1 hour to solidify. Then place the egg bites in a freezer bag or container for storage up to 3 months.
- To reheat, simply remove as many or few egg bites as desired then microwave for 20 seconds and enjoy!
- Pour egg mixture into a disposable baking dish. Add the bacon, hash browns, cheese, and tomatoes, being sure to evenly distribute the mix-ins. Sprinkle the chopped chives or parsley stems over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are just beginning to set. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack to cool completely. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, heat oven to 350°F and cook from frozen until the eggs are set, uncover and let brown for 2-3 minutes more.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!