Homeade Tortilla Strips
- 24 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch strips
- 6 cups canola oil
- salt or Tajin seasoning
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed Dutch oven or electric fryer to 375 degrees.
- Once the oil comes to temperature, carefully add ½ of the tortilla strips and use a heat safe slotted spoon or tongs to gently move the tortilla strips around while they fry, preventing them from sticking together.
- When the strips are golden and crisp, remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with salt or Tajin seasoning while hot.
- Repeat with remaining half of tortilla strips.
- Gently toss all the crispy fried tortilla strips together in a large serving bowl with a bit more salt or Tajin seasoning.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!