Easy Chicken & Tomato Pasta with Herbs
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 pint cherry or other small tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped or torn basil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, removed from stem
- 2 tbsp butter (real butter please!)
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the oil to a preheated non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully lay the chicken in the hot pan, do not overcrowd the pan, do this step in batches if necessary.
- Saute chicken on both sides until nicely browned and cooked through. Remove the skillet from heat and move the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to retain the heat and collect the juices.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the tomatoes to the pan. Toss to coat with the remaining oil. Saute until the tomatoes begin to pop and burst.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add the chicken, and it’s juices, back into the pan with the tomatoes and let simmer for about 5 minutes. (Note: you can cut the chicken into bite sized pieces before adding it back into the pan, if so desired.)
- Add the cooked pasta, the herbs and the butter. Toss together to coat and melt the butter into the sauce.
- TASTE, and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and some crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!