Chorizo and Potato Flautas
- Air Fryer
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil plus more for frying
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 russet potatoes peeled and finely chopped
- 6 oz raw pork chorizo
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 corn tortillas
- In a large heavy sauté pan, heat the oil on medium high heat. Sauté the onions and potato until translucent, about 2minutes. Add the chorizo and sauté until fully cooked, crisp and browned, about10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes and the chorizo to a medium mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Heat the tortillas directly on the gas burner, about 10 seconds per side, until just soft and pliable. Place 2 tablespoons of the chorizo and potato mixture onto the warmed tortilla and roll tightly to form a cigar.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Air Fry on all sides until golden in color, about 5-7 minutes. Continue working in batches until done with all 10 tortillas. Cut in half and transfer to a serving platter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!