- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 10 limes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large bunch of spring onions (8 to 12)
For the marinade
- Start with a small bowl
- Mince the garlic and add to the bowl
- Squeeze the juice from 8 limes into the bowl
- Add the salt and mix with a fork
For the skirt steak
- Trim the meat of any excess silver membrane
- Place the skirt steak in a tray and pour half the marinade over it
- Flip the skirt and pour the other half of the marinade over it
- Let the meat marinade for 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Bring the meat to room temperature before grilling
- Once the meat is marinated, start the charcoal
- When the coals are at their hottest grill the meat for about 7 or 8 minutes on each side
- Rest the meat for a few minutes before serving
For the spring onions
- Once the coals are going place the spring onions on the grill
- Move them to the side of the grill when you are ready to cook the meat.
You can substitute any type of beef that is good for grilling. Preferably thinner cuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!